On your first visit to Westside, we will greet you as you come in the door and ask you to sign our guest book and get a name tag. We have coffee, tea, and conversation from 9:30 - 9:55 am in the fellowship hall. At 9:55 am, everyone moves into the sanctuary for the 1st service. Adult forum begins at the same time as 1st service. The 1st service ends at 11:00, followed by coffee, tea and conversation from 11:00 - 11:25 am in the fellowship hall. The 2nd service begins at 11:30 am. Adult religious education begins at the same time as 2nd service. The 2nd service ends at 12:30, followed by coffee, tea and conversation from 12:30 - 12:50 pm in the fellowship hall.
Families with Children:
- When new children visit Westside, we will greet them and help them get a name tag. We will introduce them to other children and give the family a tour of the outside play area and the location of their Religious Education classrooms. Many of our children come early and depending on the weather, play outside.
- Children join us in both services and are invited to either sit up front on cushions just for them, or sit with their adult(s). After about 20 minutes, we sing the children out to their classrooms. We would truly enjoy their presence in our classrooms, but children are always welcome to stay with their parents or guardians in the service, wherever they will feel most comfortable.
- When the service is over, please come to the RE classroom, sign your child out from their class and hear about their lesson for the day. Feel free to ask the teachers about your child's experience. Join us for snacks and conversation in the fellowship hall or enjoy our outside play area.
- Nursery age children – Nursery care is available for 0-2 years of age during the whole 1st and 2nd service. Meet our childcare workers and let them know of any special concerns for your little one.
- Youth – Youth ages 13 to 18 are invited to join our Religious Education class of teenagers, who meet during the 2nd service. When they arrive, we will show them the location of the teen classroom and introduce them to the teens present that day. However, they are welcome to attend the worship service instead.