Our Mission: To generate a continuing education program for adults, appealing to a broad range of interests and Unitarian Universalist experiences, in a variety of educational and informational formats.
Westside's Adult Religious Education opens a wide and welcoming gateway to the opportunities for adult ethical, spiritual, faith and UU identity development. The committee meets bimonthly to consider educational and informational needs and interests of the congregation in keeping with the Mission Statement and Congregational Goals. The program strives for:
- Opportunities to be introduced to new ideas and experiences
- Opportunities for people to tell their own stories
- Opportunities to deepen understanding of Unitarian Universalism
- Encounters with wisdom from the sources of our living Unitarian Universalist tradition—direct experience, words and deeds of prophetic people, the world’s religions, Jewish and Christian tradition, humanist teachings and the guidance of reason, and spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions
- Communities of care, support, and concern
- Engagement with ethical and moral questions
- Calls to faith in action, working within the congregation and in the wider world to build communities or justice and love
- Spiritual experiences which inspire, transform, and sustain
The Adult RE committee: Karen Moore (chair), John Barnes, Annie Foerster, Jane Hardwick, and Morris Meador.
You can contact the committee chair at email@example.com.
We always welcome newcomers and we enjoy sharing the fun! Come see what is happening at Westside UU!