Provide programming and support in a safe and caring environment to equip families to incorporate Unitarian Universalism into their daily lives.
To nurture families toward wholeness and compassion and empower them to build a just and equitable world.
Within the Religious Education program of this church we are guided by the seven principles of Unitarian Universalism:
- 1st Principle: We believe that each and every person is important.
- 2nd Principle: We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- 3rd Principle: We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- 4th Principle: We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- 5th Principle: We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- 6th Principle: We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- 7th Principle: We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
Our Children's Religious Education Committee and Volunteers Strive to:
- Provide a safe environment for all participants
- Provide opportunities for reverence and a spirit of worship in our children and youth
- Encourage children, youth, and volunteers in practices that develop Open-Mindedness
- Encourage children, youth, and volunteers in practices that develop Loving Hearts
- Encourage children, youth, and volunteers in practices that develop Helping Hands
- Encourage a Healthy Sense of Self
- Become Knowledgeable about Unitarian Universalism
At Westside, we value our children as the individuals of worth and dignity that they are. We encourage them to take part in the life of the church, enjoying their participation in social activities, like dances, picnics, camping trips and talent shows, as well as attending part of the worship service. We also have activities geared specifically for the children and youth, especially our religious education classes.
Every Sunday the children join us in the service and are invited to either sit up front on cushions just for them, or sit with their adult(s). All are welcome throughout the service in the Sanctuary. We are again offering childcare during the service for those 8 and under and our hope is that all of our children will join us in the service through the Time For All Ages.
Religious Education Classes
For the Fall of 2022, we are REimagining & REnewing & REbuilding and FamRE style Sunday mornings at 9:45 am in the Fellowship Hall. All ages, all caregivers, all parents are encouraged to share in our time together on Sunday mornings.
Each month will be a different theme and mantra.
September's theme is Belonging and the mantra is I have people & they love me!